The Test Way goes straight through the heart of the countryside I live in. It is the most local of the long distance walks for me and is the only one that I have (mostly) done in the past.
The route is 44 miles from Coombe Gibbet in the north to Eling Mill in the south. It mostly follows the Test Valley, the same name as the borough I live in. To make it as easy as possible I start in the north and walk downhill to the sea.
As it's 44 miles I split it into 5 sections, roughly 8.5 miles each with the exception of the 4th stage which is 11 miles.
- Section 1 - Coombe Gibbet to Hurstbourne Tarrant
- Section 2 - Hurstbourne Tarrant to Longparish
- Section 3 - Longparish to Stockbridge
- Section 4 - Stockbridge to Romsey
- Section 5 - Romsey to Eling Mill
Official Hampshire Council page here.