Having decried the fact that there is a veritable dearth of long distance walks in northern Hampshire I stumbled across the Brenda Parker Way created by the North Hampshire Downs Ramblers Group in memory of Brenda Parker.
Absolutely perfect for me in that it goes right across north Hampshire starting in Aldershot and finishing in Andover. Just couldn't be better.
It's 78 miles long and the creators have conveniently made good sections with good start and end (except for Rag Copse - I drive past it every day and it is a viciously dangerous and fast corner on the A343).
Sectional breakdown suggested by the creators is as follows:
- Section 1 - Aldershot to Fleet - 8 miles
- Section 2 - Fleet to Winchfield - 8 miles
- Section 3 - Winchfield to Sherfield on Loddon - 10 miles
- Section 4 - Sherfield on Loddon to Tadley
- Tadley to Kingsclere - 10 miles
- Kingsclere to Highclere - 11 miles
- Highclere to Sidley Bottom - 7 miles
- Sidley Bottom to Rag Copse - 9 miles
- Rag Copse to Andover - 9 miles
So happy that there's a route that finishes in the town that I live in. Thanks North Hampshire Downs Ramblers Group.